Friday, June 20, 2008

3 letters so far...

Hello Everyone - 
I have recieved 3 letters from Mark so far....they are all out of order, so I am sure our letters are getting to him, but maybe not as quick as normal mail.  Anyway, I have been out of town for a week, so there may be more letters at home, and I'll update later if that's the case.  Here's what I know so far.

The letters I have recieved from Mark, are all written in a very positive tone.  Mark seems to be doing very well.  In fact, in one letter,  he told me about his first PFT, or physical fitness test.  He was able to do the most pull ups he had done, and completed the 3 mile run without any further injury to his knee.  He said that seems to be feeling okay as well.

He also said that he finally feels like he is part of a platoon.  They received their 
rifles and have been marching with them all day  long,  even to breakfast at 5am!

I heard from our friend Crosby today (who has been through OCS) about a year  ago.
He plans on seeing Mark tomorrow night, and I am sure Mark will be checking the blog soon.  I know he would absolutely love to come back to friendly posts from everyone.  If you have a chance between now and tomorrow night, or even after, post a message of encouragement.  As of tomorrow night, Mark has made it through the first 3 weeks!!  And Mark, 
Congratulations...I believe in you , and I am thinking of you!  Talk to you soon.

Casey J

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Mark - I'm loving that your doing this blog & Casey thanks so much for updating it. I'm thinking about you and I know your doing great! Can't wait to hear more about your amazing accomplishments!