Friday, May 30, 2008

Let the games begin.

It is now Friday, and I will be reporting in, about 4 hours from now.

Thanks to Casey for introducing herself to those of you who do not know her. She'll do a great job keeping everyone informed.

Well, the knee feels great, I feel great and can really say I feel very well prepared. Like the Sgt at the office back in Philadelphia told me, "it won't really hit you until you drive through the front gate." I think he hit the nail on the head.

Just have to finish and take care of a few last minutes stuff, and then am meeting up with 2nd Lt. Houpt (aka Crosby) for some lunch and maybe a last minute pep talk. I am very excited but still slightly nervous. Sam was right, it just did seem like yesterday I was telling everyone goodbye as I moved across the country to Philadelphia, and here I am getting ready to check-in for the Marines.

Its going to be one hell of a first 3 weeks, and I look forward to talking and hearing from you all then.

Candidate LaMarre reporting for duty.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good luck Mark! This will more than likely be the biggest challenge of your life, but I know that you are up to it; you trained hard, and you are ready. Take care and I look forward to your updates on your progress.

Nate

Anonymous said...

Nice entries so far. Looking forward to the next one! Mom